A really quick post here. I had problems with my intellisense and wanted to share with you all.
Here are some things to work through if you are having the same troubles.
- Firstly, the obvious. Make sure you are connected to a SQL 2008 database. Intellisense doesn't work on earlier databases. Sorry, but I had to add this one for the "easy" solution.
- In SQL Server Management Studio (SMSS) - go to Tools > Options > Text Editor > Transact-SQL > IntelliSense and make sure it is toggled ON
- Refresh the intellisense cache. Sometimes you need to do this when new objects have been added to the database. Closing and re-opening SMSS will do the same thing. You can do this in two different ways.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+R
- Go to Edit > IntelliSense > Refresh Local Cache
- Go to Tools > Options > Text Editor > Transact-SQL > General > IntelliSense. Select Auto List Members and Check Parameter Information.
If you don't have the latest SQL Server 2008 R2 service pack, then it's worthwhile upgrading too. Google it to get the latest service pack and patches. [Edit] You should definitely update to SP1 if you haven't already. The performance improvement is considerable.
Til next time ..